View Single Post
Old
06-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Jbcraig1883

vCash: 500
I tend to agree with the providence. While I don't know what the offers would be for Burns, I'm not too optimistic that it wouldn't be a lateral move for offense which I would argue wouldn't make us better both short-term and long-term. I agree that he is probably the best asset we have short of Koivu but a big, mobile defenseman that has his hands is better than a top 6 forward. It's a risky thing, considering he could get injured and then we could lose out on obtaining assets. But, I still feel the reward is greater than the risk.

With the above said, the draft will be a crazy day. I think the top 10 will see a few picks like Campbell and possibly a Russian or two, which might see teams trading up, down, etc. I do think that the Wild will be active...the thing that worries me is that I hope the trades that are made either put us towards a rebuild or follow what Philly did instead of just continuing towards mediocrity, which has been our point and Russo's. The problem with us trying to do what Philly did was our lack of assets to get Hartnell, Timmonen, Briere, Upshall (someone feel free to refresh my brain on who else they acquired during that offseason).

Jbcraig1883 is offline   Reply With Quote