Old
06-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
Unfortunately for CBJ, I think Boucher recognizes that it's an 'unlikely to succeed' situation. And why risk coaching for CBJ for two years, get canned because you don't have the talent that the rest of the division has, and then you are back to square one trying to work your way back to a coaching job.

I think he was wise. There will be more desirable coaching jobs opening up over the next year or two. His window of opportunity isn't likely to close over the next year. And he can let someone take the risk with Columbus. Someone who might not have had a lot of other NHL level opportunities in the near term.

I don't think it's a bad move by Columbus, though I don't think it's anything to be excited about. Their issues are with talent. Until it matures and develops, they'll be a bad team.
I love how two simultaneous sophomore slumps in vital positions (#1 center and goaltender) and defense injuries leading to fourth-string guys playing second pairing constitutes "lack of talent", especially given that if we'd held on to about half the leads we let slip in the 3rd, and not given up the most overtime losses in the NHL, we'd probably have been a lot closer to 8th than 14th.

I reserve the right to point and laugh at you next year.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote