What to eat?
View Single Post
06-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Papa is dead on with my experience. Here's my "optimal" intake for a night game:
- Day before: pasta with meat (carbs and protein with some fat)
- Morning of: balanced meal, oatmeal or toast (carbs), eggs with cheese (protein & fat)
- Lunch: salad with TONS AND TONS of lettuce (fiber to make me full), chicken (protein), SOME (not a ton) oil-and-vinegar dressing (fat)
- Pre-game: banana, orange, or apple (sugary carbs)
- Post-game: chocolate milk (sugary carbs & protein)
- Dinner: balanced meal
And drink a ton of water.
My body does better on protein and fat than on carbs, so I'm usually not carb loading or eating a ton of them. The key for me is to get really full on lettuce and veggies several hours before a game so I'm not hungry while playing. And eating a lot of greasy or fatty food a few hours before a game just sucks, makes me feel sluggish and 10 degrees warmer out there.
View Public Profile
Visit Jarick's homepage!
Find More Posts by Jarick