View Single Post
Old
06-08-2010, 07:55 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Forget Kovy and his boatload of cash. We will see Marleau get a Hossa-like deal before that ever happens IMHO, and I would be fine with that. Look at it this way, you would finally have a use for that O'Sullivan jersey. Just change the name plate.

Sorry, but losing Cammalleri, O'Sullivan, and Frolov was not the end of the world. All three are immensely easy to replace.
If DL was willing to give Hossa something like 14 years, I see no reason why he shouldnt give something similar or better to Kovy, who is a better offensive forward than Hossa. I will survive if we get Marleau instead of Kovy, as I understand the benefits of having a player who can also play as a center as well.

But getting no one of that caliber means that for all his comments about going UFA to fill the hole at scoring forward, DL's just talking to tell us what he thinks we want to hear. (What do you call someone who does that . . . ? Hmmm)
What else could he mean when he says we will utilize UFA to address the lack of depth at scoring forward. Striking out in this years UFA market will be a significant STEP BACK for this team...

re O'sullivan jersey comment

And your right, replacing those three should have been easy, but their goal production hasnt been replaced yet, and without Plan K or Plan B it wont be this year either.