View Single Post
Old
03-17-2005, 08:22 AM
Dominus
Believe to see!

vCash: 500
Now that the season is over for Lauri Tukonen, do you think he was played wisely? I mean he played almost whole season with the Blues' men's team, and only 2 games in A-juniors.

His stats (gp, g+a=p, +/-, PIM):
SM-league
Lauri Tukonen 43 5+5=10 -6 10
A-juniors
Lauri Tukonen 2 0+0=0 -1 2

He got decent ice-time every once in a while. Sometimes he even played something like 16-17 minutes, but then again there were games where he played much less than 10 minutes. Was it wise for him to play whole season in a bad team in the men's league? I guess his stats are decent for a guy his age, but wouldn't it have been better if he also played a little bit more in juniors where he could have dominated the game with the puck, and get over 20 minutes of ice-time? Was it good for his confidence to play like this? And did it really improve his skills in best possible way? I know he played most of the season with the men's team already in the last year, but was it too early to forget the junior games?

If you look at Ässät's prospect Jesse Joensuu in comparison; he only scored one goal in men's league, but at least he got to play 13 games with juniors, where he was able to rack up 15 points. Also, because Tukonen played only two games with juniors, he's not able to participate in A-junior playoffs, where his team is currently fighting in semi-finals against Ilves.

Any thoughts?