View Single Post
Old
06-09-2010, 01:47 PM
lugnut76

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I saw the quote where he's agent said something like Nashville will never have the opportunity to sign a native Nashvillivan and college player of the year...

Sickening. First off, When does where you live have ANY play in how much money you get? He may have some bargaining with the Hobey Baker win, but I can't remember the last old (22 year old) Hobey Baker winner that went on to have a successful NHL career. There is a reason you spent 4 years in college. You did play great until your last year. Paul Kariya was a Hobey Baker winner as an 18 year old, and scored 100 points in 39 games. He was too good for college. So, there is no similarity except you have the same trophy.

He should get a good 2nd round draft pick contract, that's all.
I'm not sure you could have taken the agent's comments more out of context. He is saying Nashville won't have this opportunity again, not because they don't want to sign, but because of the unique circumstances of a Hobey Baker winner from a nontraditional hockey market being drafted by his hometown team. Also, did you forget to read this quote ""The flip side of that coin is Blake would like to take his best shot playing for his hometown team.""

lugnut76 is offline   Reply With Quote