View Single Post
Old
06-09-2010, 07:03 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Dulzhok, maybe it's just me but it really seems like you have a major issue with Poile. Maybe so much of one that you let things that (maybe) happened blow up out of proportion. Of course a GM is going to say "yeah we totally would've traded for that guy!" after picking up a player who seemed destined to be a career minor leaguer and he turned out to produce. It makes you look good. Maybe he would have traded for Pevs, maybe he wouldn't have. The fact remains the kid had multiple shots with offensively talented linemates and never cut it in Nashville. We needed the room, and he wasn't panning out. He had to go. About Dumont and Arnott having to contact Nashville first, do you honestly think a GM has the time to contact every free agent in an attempt to woo him to the club? This is one of the reasons an athlete needs an agent. 1) to contact clubs in an effort to find the best fit and/or money and 2) to negotiate contracts. It's the job.

On the Hornqvist/arbitration front, from what I've read he will not be eligible for arbitration. The only way he would be eligible after two seasons is if he signed his first NHL contract at or after the age of 24. He is only 23 and has played two seasons of professional hockey in NA. Unless I'm missing something he isn't eligible until his next contract expires.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote