View Single Post
Old
06-09-2010, 10:57 PM
nycking23

vCash: 500
as someone who is trying to start playing hockey myself, its definitely ice time and cost that prohibits growth

i haven't bought my equipment yet, other than skates, as i want to really feel comfortable skating before i go all out, but i know that when the time comes im expecting to lay down a decent bit of money, but i also know that its going to last me, and that its to protect my body from injury

however, ice time is difficult to come by. with my schedule, and im sure im not the only one, i cant seem to find ice time that is easy to get to while maintaining school and work. however, other sports allow pickup games and practice without limits on times

and while the equipment may be more money initially, the ice time keeps adding up and gets pretty expensive, i know when i was on spring break and was skating at two rinks every day, i was spending ~75 during the week just to skate. add in league fees (when i start), stick and puck sessions, open hockey, and im spending a ton of money just to get on the ice

nycking23 is offline   Reply With Quote