View Single Post
Old
06-10-2010, 12:52 AM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Targets in Free Agency?

It's about a month before free agency and its about time for the armchair GM's to come out. Who should we target in free agency? Ive looked at the free agents on capgeek.com and tried to pick guys I think would be bargain signings.

Forwards- I believe we should sign a forward, but Im not sure at who I like best. I was thinking Bill Guerin would bring toughness, size and scoring on the PP. He is getting up there in age and should come rather cheap and would be great to use to fill in and bring some more competition to the lines. (He got flak last year but still had a 20 goal 40 point season) The other route I would take would be a cheap, faceoff winning, penalty killing forward with a bit of offense. Manny Malhotra would be great, Andrew Ebbett would be nice as well.

Defense - I hope we resign 2 of our free agents. If we do then there is no need to go grab any defense, if we cannot do this then I would want someone like Milan Jurcina to make up for the loss of Bullion and some one like a Kurtis Foster if we lose the more offensive minded guys.

Goalies - If we decide to get a goalie through free agency I would like to get Al Montoya or Josh Tordjman guys that still have some potential to be a NHL goalie and could be another option in the goalie competition.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote