View Single Post
Old
06-10-2010, 02:10 AM
Razzmatazz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitbtw View Post
I took a day to think about an incident that occurred during a game of pickup yesterday. It's the first time I've seen someone legitimately retaliate against something they didn't like.

The puck was about 15 feet inside the blue line in my offensive zone and I was covering the point for a dman that pinched in. I was quicker than the forward covering me (about halfway in between myself and the puck) and managed to dart in front of him to hold the zone. I gained position and leaned in a little bit to protect the puck and his momentum to him into me and then he hit the ice. Upon doing so, he decides to take a fairly hard two-hand chop on my shin yelling all kinds of swear words along the lines of, "wtf is your problem, this is pickup. why would you ****ing do that?" granted, i rock some fairly large and protective shin guards, all I could do was, admittedly, smirk and try to explain. He just dropped a glove and went for his helmet like he wanted to settle it but ultimately other players just yelled out to stop him.

As far as his skills go, I'd put them about on par as mine across the board on average. He has better dangles and passes but I skate better and have a better shot. It all evens out.

My question, is this normal? Are adult leagues worse? On par? Depends? I wasn't worried, I did kind of like it. Just curious.

Hopefully, I explained myself well enough. If not, I can try to do better.
I don't see anything wrong with the antagonizing incident, if you are all in full pads. He's the one who should be thrown off the ice.

Razzmatazz is offline   Reply With Quote