Thread: Confirmed with Link: Rangers re-sign Dane Byers
View Single Post
Old
06-10-2010, 01:22 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

vCash: 500
The issue with Shelly is the same thing with Brash. NHL teams need a heavyweight. Maybe need is too strong a word, but it certainly helps to have a big body who can drop the mitts.

Too bad Boyle doesn't fit the bill cause he certainly has the size

Shelly will sign with someone in the NHL. I am hoping its NY. He showed up big time in the final 2 games versus the Fly boys.

Prust, Weise, Byers, Cally et al are great checkers and grinders but they are middle weights. Can NY accomplish things with a roster of mid weight guys ? yea sure they can. Having that wide body however is great for Hudson Bay rules hockey, Flyers games and any other team that is going to dress a physical team. If and when NY plays Montreal then Shelly can sit in the pressbox ...

The chance that someone is hurt is sufficient reason to have all 5 guys around with someone riding the bus to and from the A.

Its a bottom six move and from where I sit its most welcome.

I think Avery on the 4th line would be awesome. Let him earn the minutes. When sean is on his game he can be a nice asset for NY. Its when he is being a moron, taking stupid penalties and hampering the team with punk@$$ behavior that he deserves to be stapled to the bench.

not sold on Anisimov deserving 2nd line ice time but there does appear a lack of candidates for the position.

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote