View Single Post
Old
03-17-2005, 07:45 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Frolov really isn't the greatest skater... he has an awkward skating style (much like what has been said about Jason Allison's skating)... he doesn't have blazing speed or have the flashy style of a Gaborik, but as already mentioned, he is very strong and he can protect the puck well, but I believe he can still get stronger and have better coordination while carrying the puck and fending off defenseman.

His passing game is underrated and has improved since his rookie year. He is patient with the puck and he isn't afraid to mix it up in the corners or in front of the net, and he has paid the price numerous times, yet still somehow emerges with the puck.
He isn't all that physical and you will rarely see him throwing his body around, but he's always in the right position, whether in the offensive or defensive zone, and he has demonstrated to be a very quick learner and has adapted to the North American style of gameplay rather quickly, and he has not looked out of place, which is why he was never demoted to Manchester during his rookie season.

He is far from being a one-dimensional player and was used quite often on the penalty kill and he was effective at it covering the points and using his long reach to poke passes away (one of which I recall was a cross ice pass he picked off and scored on a shorthanded breakaway against the Canucks).

My expectation of Frolov next season is to improve up to 25-30+ goals and 55-60+ points. His average ice time should also increase and he will see more time on the special teams.