View Single Post
Old
09-30-2003, 04:06 PM
AJ1982

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
This really isn't the time to be talking about what sort of crime Heatley should or should not be charged with. I think it's almost humorous that the moment this happens to somebody who is a celebrity, all the people come out on their high horses to say how stupid it was, he should have known better, look what he has done to somebody else etc etc. Yeah, that's all true. He should have known better, it was stupid to go speeding around like that and Dan Snyder is certainly a victim. But that's all so easy to say when you are speculating over the internet. The fact is that we don't even know the facts yet. In any case, what happened to Snyder and Heatley happens in the blink of an eye, a momentary indiscretion can lead to disaster that affects people for the rest of their lives. And anyhow, if you've ever known somebody responsible for killing or severely injuring someone in a car accident, whether it is a passenger or a person in another car, you know that these people never forget that. They live with it day in and day out for the rest of their lives. I don't think there is any reason to tack on a prison sentence on top of that, and that's coming from somebody who lost an uncle to a drunk driver. And no, he never went to prison for it because my grand parents decided not to press charges. If Heatley was sober and simply made a poor judgement call, how can you put him in prison with a clear conscience? I guarantee that he's tormenting himself enough already.