View Single Post
Old
06-10-2010, 07:41 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
All would be solid additions if it works out. If not, look for other UFA's or via trade. If NSH doesn't re-sign Franson he may actually be number 1 on my list. He'll probably be had for the lowest cost (2.75 mill?) and he put up 21 points in 61 games for Nashville. And he's another BC boy to boot. But realistically, how likely is it to get two Dmen from the same team.

Have there been any reports on Johnny Boychuk's contract status? I know it's unlikely he makes it to UFA but since BOS just re-signed Seidenberg they may have pushed his priority back a bit. Their biggest issue is offense and they have about 6 million (against assuming cap goes up 2 mill) to sign 4-5 players. I'd think Boychuk makes at least 3.
While it'd be good to add another young D-man to the organization, isn't Franson supposed to be an offensive defenseman? I'd be more interested in a young guy who can potentially be a good shutdown D-man, since our blueline doesn't seem like it'll be lacking in scoring for years to come.

And that's where Boychuk would be an intriguing option indeed. He had a pretty good rookie season with the B's and - with their signing of Seidenberg - might not be kept on if they're looking to upgrade their offense. I'd definitely be interested in going after this guy, except that I don't think he's worth 3 mil. Probably in the range of 1.5 - 2.25 mil.