Thread: Prospect Info: Bugg's Final Top 45
View Single Post
Old
06-11-2010, 08:58 AM
hfboardsuser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafrelio View Post
Always enjoy your posts. Two questions for you Bugg.

1. If the Oilers were to land another top 5 pick, what would you do with that pick? (some of your guys are ranked lower elsewhere - would you trade down?)
2. Who are you hoping the Oil take at 31?

1. Using the fourth overall as the example since we know it's on the table, I'd take whichever of Gormley/Fowler is still on the board. In other words, defense.

2. In an ideal world, it'd be McKegg. But barring a trade-up, I'd target one of the bigger, rugged rearguards (Tinordi, Petrovic) or Brock Nelson failing all else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Disagree on Pysyk. Imo he could be one of the better D-man coming out of the draft.
I love Pysyk's intelligence as much as anyone but he's been in the league for two and a quarter years and has yet to put on much mass. I don't pretend to know why that's not happening, but you'd have to think his agent or somebody would have been in his ear a while back about bulking up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
Thanks for doing this. The one I respectfully disagree with is Gudbrandson. He's in my top 7 for sure.

PS.......is Cehlin projected that high or you just like him a lot?
1) On most people's lists- and I think on the draft board- you'll see McKegg and Gudbranson essentially switched (Gudbranson in the teens and McKegg in the 20s) and I understand the logic. But I'm projecting five-six years out and I really think McKegg will prove himself to be a top-fifteen player from this class.

2) Cehlin's definitely not 'projected' that high, but he's a year older than the rest of his class and is that much closer to making an impact for somebody.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote