Thread: Proposal: La - Bos
View Single Post
Old
06-11-2010, 06:33 PM
RussellmaniaKW

vCash: 500
Bruins fan here. As a huge Bergeron fan, I find it pretty funny that you guys bag on Stoll so much. Bergeron and Stoll play a very similar game and had almost identical numbers this season, but Bergy made over 1 million more. Bruins fans absolutely love Bergeron but a lot of that is nostalgia. He's kind of like the Nomar Garciaparra of the Bruins. Just a total fan-favorite, and his injury woes have only endeared him to fans more.

He went from being a 70 point player to a 50 point player. This was the first season since his concussion where he really looked like his old self, but he's still missing a certain something that he used to have. He doesn't have the same finish that he had before. He basically was Mike Richards (their numbers in their first few seasons are nearly identical) before the concussion and Jarret Stoll after. Now he still probably has a little more skill than Stoll and more upside since he's still pretty young, but I don't know if he'll ever be a 70 point guy again. Julien uses him a lot in a defensive role and his system is all about defense, so maybe Bergeron would get more chances on a different team.

Anyway, you can tell I'm probably a little biased, so I wouldn't trade Bergeron for the world. With that said if I were to take emotion out of it, and look at if from a Kings perspective, I honestly don't think Bergeron is the upgrade over Stoll that many of you think he'd be. I mean...he could be...he is still a very good playmaker, but I think for the money you're better off just keeping Stoll.

Also, the Bruins couldn't afford to take back both SToll and Willams' salary. They do need scoring and Williams might help with that, but they already have a similar player in Sturm.

Anyway, that's my take. I just thought it was funny how Bruins fans maybe overrate Bergeron a little while Kings fans underrate Stoll when in reality they are both pretty close.

RussellmaniaKW is online now   Reply With Quote