View Single Post
Old
06-11-2010, 08:52 PM
MK9

vCash: 500
No offense, but think all this talk about Butch is getting extremely ahead of the game here.

What PMB "expects" and what actually happens are two completely different things. He's still feeling the effects. He's only doing "light" workouts. Sure it's better news than the alternatives. But, the guy has a LONG way to go. If he makes his goal, great. But, until I hear things like, 'He's working out full bore.' or 'He's feeling / looking good out there.' I'm not going to get worked up either way about his status.

Even if he does make it back at any point this year, I have very little faith he'll be the same player for a while. Sure, they've come a little ways with diagnosis and treatment of most concussions over the past 5-10 years. Wish I could find the article about it. Believe it was a Pat LaFontaine article how they were talking about how it takes most players about 2 years to actually really recover from them and get close to their old selves. Obviously it's going to vary from player to player. Every one is different. As is the degree of concussion.

Sorry not to be a wet blanket but, all this talk just seems way premature to me.

MK9 is offline   Reply With Quote