View Single Post
Old
06-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I know jeff carter has nice numbers, and I think he will be a consistent 30 goal scorer for years to come. He's a good skater as well... but when it comes down to it, I dont think he has that "it" factor. Dont get me wrong... its always nice to have a 30 goal scorer, but he seems to be talked about around here as the saviour to our centre ice problems, and I dont see it. Sure, he's got size over pleks and he scores more goals, but pleks is a strong pk guy and a better playmaker IMO. Its not a huge upgrade overall, even if Carter is bigger.
Here's what I don't understand, why do you need your second line Centre to play PK. Lapierre, Pyatt ect....those are the guys that should be playing PK. Montreal should give two ***** about Plekanec being good on the PK. No way in hell should Montreal pay Plekanec 5 million because he can play the PK.

If Pekanec wants 5 plus million let put up Gionta Cammalleri type effort come playoff time. Montreal already has a overpaid C able to play the PK (Gomez) but at least showed up for playoffs!

Plekanec's ofence can adequately be replaced by a guy like Brock Trotter or David Desharnais at a fraction of the price. Plekanec 70 points / 5 million or one the Hamilton guys 50points at less then 1 million and add a gritty winger who will pot 25.

BYE BYE Pleaknec.....I love Plekanec but only if he stays at 3.5 and no more!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote