Old
06-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Well, I disagree.

If our coaching staff is so bad, how is it that Kopi has improved from last year's 66 pts to 81 pts this season? DD improving from 27 pts to 59 pts and so forth. And this is all being done without a legit top line sniper. Just imagine how much more improved everyone else will be with the addition of Kovy. I'm sorry if you can't see how the addition of Kovy will greatly improve our offense, yes, even with TM as our head coach.

Just ask yourself this: Do you think that Kopi will have a better season with Kovy on his line or not? If the answer is yes, then what's the problem? If the answer is no, then swallow your pride and get back to me.

TM may not coach the way YOU want him to, but he delivers results and we have improved as a team.

Dude, you just really need to let go of hatin' on TM. Repeat after me...serenity now, SERNENITY NOW!!!
Haha. Honestly, at this point, I'm sort of done debating who would be the 'better' signing at this point...but to me, we need one more high-end forward, not more depth. One more high-end forward, be it Kovy or Marleau, will give us a legitimate scoring threat in the sense that you COULD move one of them to the second line and make the opponents adjust. Right now, outside of Kopitar, there's no one on our roster that inspires that kind of fear in the opponents; you can mostly just cover the Kopitar line and be fine--there's no one else truly scary to beat you. However, if you had Kopi on one line and Kovy on another...

Yes, I'm sure on most occasions they'd play together...but we need SOMEONE to create matchup problems for the other teams...just my two cents.