View Single Post
Old
06-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
But the Truckster has that faux-wood paneling on the side at no extra charge. On that same token, July 1st is like the day you circle on your calendar to go to Wally World but, when you get there, the moose outside tells you that it's f'ing closed.

I wanted to throw a name out there that seems like a DL guy to replace Frolov:

Ryan Malone

McKenzie says he is available. He is a big, bruising LW who can put up 20+ goals and 50 points while not taking any ****. Sticks up for teammates and is a pretty good fighter. The downside is his $4.5mm dollar salary for the next 4 seasons but he would be able to fill Smyth's role for two more seasons once Ryan is done.

I know how touchy everyone around here is about salary and Versteeg makes less so he may be more of an option. I love Malone's game and character though and he was a key player for the Pens in their first trip to the Finals.

Would everyone here be upset if LA rolled Marleau, Malone and Smyth at LW next season?
i was thinking the same thing, though it depends on the asking price for Malone, and I haven't looked at numbers yet. If we could do that AND get a defensive upgrade (not necessarily a UFA...may even be internal), I would be satisfied.