Thread: Speculation: Why not Clutterbuck???
View Single Post
Old
06-13-2010, 05:49 PM
saywut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Takko View Post
Since Jeff Finger got 3.5/yr.

Saywut... what would make you happy? You make it seem as if no one on the team is good enough and is paid too much money.
Actually not everyone. Koivu outperforms his contract(for one more year), as does Brunette. Miettinen(dislike the player), Kobasew, Clutterbuck, and Zanon are market value deals IMO.

Burns' contract was based on potential, and hasn't really lived up to it due to injuries. Barker's deal is based on potential which IMO he'll never reach. Nick Schultz was signed for too many years, as teams were making mistakes then, 3.5M was the going rate for a player of his caliber but 6 years was too many.

Backstrom's contract was terrible, as it was clear his stats were because of the Lemaire system in front of him. Bouchard's contract was a panic move because DR didn't expect to lose Rolston, and turned out to be terrible.

Brodziak's deal is a bit of a weird one when you consider we gave him 3 years, despite the fact that he'd shown nothing other than 4th line ability in his career. Zidlicky, well I guess Todd Richards must really like him, as they feel he is a top-4 guy. I'd prefer to have gone in a different direction there as well.

Tell me how many players in Chicago outperformed their cap-hits this year. Players on ELCs are key to success in this league, and that comes from good drafting or extremely high picks, which this organization has not had.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote