Kasparaitis
Jakopin

Simon
Hlavac
LaCouture
Barnaby
Messier
Petrovicky

I don't see Hlavac and Simon being exposed.. Whether you like their games or not, they're cheap and they do have trade value..

=12 skaters 6 left..

Defense has been a problem and now some depth is showing up.. No time to lose it, so protect Purinton, Malakhov, Kasparaitis.. Unless a better option becomes available in the waiver draft, in which case, I'd expose one of 'em.. Purinton or Kaspar if its a stay at home/hitter, Malakhov if the one picked is offensive minded.. I'd prefer Malakhov to be off anyways, but doubt it..

= 15 skaters, 3 left..

LaCouture is the best penalty killer of the bunch, a versatile player (albeit talently challenged) and a nominal price tag.. He stays..

=16 skaters 2 left..

Messier, Barnaby, Petrovicky.. Mess makes a high salary, but it's very doubtful Sather has the stones to leave him unprotected..

=17 skaters 1 left..

Barnaby, Petro.. Saw the Barnaby debates, good to see you kids are still crazy after all these years..

To me, Barnaby IS a shameless self promoter, a role player who never seems to accept when the role diminishes a bit and had no business even hinting that he was worried about his time and/or role already.. BUT he's also still a guy who played with a lot of heart and busted his arse for a team that never seemed to match his intensity, but should have.. He played very hard for last years team, and I wouldn't mind seeing him do it again, BUT the team is deeper now and he must accept that until injuries or slumps hit, he's going to have to be a black ace and keep his yap shut and his enthusiasm up until he gets that shot..

So part of me leans toward Barnaby for the last spot, but I keep coming back to the dreadful PK.. Petro can, Barnaby can't, so Petro it is.. Unless another solid Penalty killer becomes available..

=18
You forgot about our new acquisitions. Would you leave Petro unprotected in favor of Hereema or Purrinton/Jakopin in favor of Heins? (I'm sure Heins would be an upgrade)