View Single Post
Old
06-14-2010, 02:20 PM
TankEller*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
It's a good starting point for a deal, IMHO. Except, to me, this isn't a really great draft to be picking #6... the value of the pick maybe isn't where it might be in other years... you've got some decent players, and maybe a couple of them will break through and become good top-level players, but it's not really possible from here to know which ones.

Price - when picked - was worth that kind of a pick. Except since then he has only gotten better, validated his draft status, progressed and removed some of the risk factor associated (with any draft pick). (Not all of it, but he has shown IMHO that he is/can/will be at least a decent #1 NHL goalie, still with upside for more than that too).

So to me, it would have to be more than the #6. But it's a solid starting point for talks, anyway.
Price might have proven he's capable of playing in the NHL, are you suggesting that, with insight, knowing Halak would progress that much, you still wouldn't have took a guy like Kopitar instead of him?

By dealing Price for the 6th overall pick, we could pick and choose a player who would fit better and actually improve our weaknesses.

I would deal any one of Price or Halak for that pick. Because you know you have a guy capable of playing regularly in the NHL in both of them. Any freaking team in the NHL would deal its 2nd goaltender for the 6th overall pick. If we had the chance of doing so, I would pull the trigger.

Hell, I'd even add our 1st round pick along with one goalie to get that 6th overall pick. Think about the guys we could use. Johansen... Neiderreiter...