View Single Post
Old
06-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Palinka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemason1 View Post
we need all new scouts. I don't need an explaination look at our draft history :nopi ty:
[QUOTE=stevemason1;26291495]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Yeah, those idiots suck. Why would they pick Nash,Voracek,Mason,Brassard,Moore,Russell.
[/QUO

ya those idiots also drafted
picard,brule,zheredev who was good but traded after 4 seasons,leclaire who was inconsistent,klesla whos been a minus player his entire career!!

edit: brassard hasnt showed yet true signs of a franchis player, getting 9 goals in a year wont do that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
I'm not going to justify the 2000-2004 drafts. Bottom line, they were for the most part, ****. Way too much emphasis on big guys with minimal talent.

But 05-08 so far doesn't look too shabby. Dorsett, Boll, Russell, Mason. The Jackets could have done a lot worse. And with all the college guys that the Jackets took, there's still plenty of time for them to reemerge at 22-24, ala Clitsome/Murray.

I guess all I'm saying is, don't look at some of the crap in the early drafts.
The same scouts have largely been around for the duration, so why have the last three drafts been infinitely more successful than the previous seven? There have been a great deal fewer "What the HELL is he doing?" picks since 2007, which goes back to Scott Howson using his head and Doug MacLean needing to show everyone around the league what a smart and crafty guy he was. There were so many unbelievable off-the-board picks, combined with a totally inexcusable refusal to shore up the defensive and goalie prospects.