View Single Post
Old
06-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Renion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I was originally interested in Brassard but then I saw his contract extension , How on earth did he get that? He hasn't done much at NHL level yet
He was signed to that extension based on his 2008-2009 season. That season, of course, was shortened by injury; however, when he was with the club, he was at times its most effective offensive threat (and at others its second-most-effective threat), as well as its heart and soul. The Chimera--Brassard--Voracek line was the most effective/consistent line for the first couple of months of that season, with Brassard the driving force behind it, and it's unlikely the club would have even made the playoffs if not for that line starting off so well. It's difficult to determine how the rest of that season would have gone for Brassard, though, because the line started to falter before his injury.

So far we have seen one excellent quarter season from Brassard and one "meh" full season from Brassard. Who knows what we really have in him? As I've said before, though, I don't doubt he has the drive to become a top center, and he's already shown he has the skill.

I suppose that was a completely biased account