View Single Post
Old
03-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Word

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
1. What is this "veteran rule" I keep hearing about?

In the AHL, player development is a top priority. Therefore, a limit has been set on the number of "veterans" a team may dress for a game. The AHL considers a "veteran" any player who has played, as of the start of the season, more than 260 regular-season games combined in the AHL, NHL, IHL, or any European elite league.

Teams may dress a maximum of 17 skaters (plus two goaltenders) for a regular-season AHL game (18 plus 2 for the duration of the NHL lockout). Of these 17 (or 18) skaters, no more than five may be classified as "veterans." (At the start of the season, each team may declare one player to be "exempt" from the veteran rule. In 2004-05, "exempt" players must have played more than 400 AHL games prior to the start of the season.)

link: www.caldercup.com/AHL/faqs.html

2. They don't always tell us every player listed "in resedence" my guess is that Brust or Fukufuji would be used if needed...

3. They've been a slightly better than average team over their last 21-games. If last night's game against Hartford is any indication, 2-1 shootout win that came down to the 5th Hartford shooters, it's going to be a battle. As is typically the case, it's going to come down to goaltending, injuries and a little bit of luck...
Thanks for the info. I guess Manchester has the same chance as just about anyone else.