View Single Post
Old
06-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
A 50 point first full season is nothing to sneeze at. If this was his sophmore slump I'm excited to see what he can put together next season.

I mostly agree with you as far as your comments in this thread (particularly regarding the deification of Giroux and the severe underrating of Price), but I think you're selling Giroux short here. He has shown himself to be a very capable penalty killer and a play-off performer. He also possesses strength on the puck befitting a larger player, and doesn't shy away from physical play. The makings of a star winger are right there IMO. I just wonder how much he can do to get some more snap in that wrist shot at this point in his career. If he could develop a respectable shot, he'd be a pretty bad mamma jamma.
The issue with the shot is double-edged. A key factor there is that similar to Forsberg (who also didn't have a great shot), Giroux plays with a very small stick and thus doesn't get a ton of leverage on his shot. It makes him very tough to check in tight space, and great for making moves around people, but hurts him in the shooting department.

50 pts isn't anything to sneeze at, but neither is it crazy production.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote