View Single Post
06-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Originally Posted by
State of Hockey
Johansen, Skinner, or Etem are like the three worst prospects we could get at #9. Instead think of Connolly, Nino, Tarasenko, Granlund, or Johansen. Bjugstad doesn't look so good anymore.
- Nino won't last till 9.
- I doubt Connolly will last till 9 either.
- I have the same opinion on Granlund. I have him being taken at #8.
- Tarasenko is no doubt talented but Russian factors does play in and I'll be more comfortable drafting a talented forward from somewhere else
- And no, the worst we could get at #9 would be Eero Elo...
- Skinner is a offensive forward who isn't great skater but he has some nice offensive skills that can't be ignore.
- Johansen is a fast riser, solid forward. Has evasive skating, even if not overly fast. Can beat defenders 1-on-1. But more of a playmaking forward, but at this point, any offensive forward will do
- Etem has everything. Offense, speed, character, not afraid etc. Has an awkward skating style but has offense and speed nonetheless.
- Bjugstad has a interesting package of shot, skill, size, strength, speed and character. While I prefer Etem, Bjugstad does sound interesting.
So I don't understand why you would say they are the three worst prospects at 9. They all offer different packages, but all intriguing ones. In the 2010 draft, 9-30 are so close, it'll be interesting to see what actually happens of draft day.
View Public Profile
Visit danccchan's homepage!
Find More Posts by danccchan