View Single Post
Old
06-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
Brodeur won the rookie of the year and was 4th in the league in save % and 2nd in GAA behind some guy named Hasek. I would say that's a great season relative to the rest of the NHL. Price never did that. Brodeur then had an average 2nd season and followed it up in his 3rd year by finishing 5th in the league in GAA and 2nd in shutouts. Price had a good rookie year but not nearly as good as Brodeur and has been nothing more than average since then. I think price will be good but I don't think Brodeur is a good comparison.
Yeah, lets go back and look at those Devs teams...

Brodeur, as an individual player, didn't need to be stellar on a regular basis... especially early on in his career with those Devs teams. His first all-world year was his 4th.

Price lost the RoY to some dude named Kane, that put up 72 pts as a 19 y/o. Last year Mason won it as a goalie with weaker numbers than what Price put up. Price was tied for 6th in SVPCT his rookie year (with Brodeur)... and GAA is a team stat, not a goalie stat. Hasek and Brodeur, for example, played for two of the best clampdown teams in the NHL.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote