View Single Post
Old
06-15-2010, 06:07 PM
lush
@jasonlush

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
The Canucks use private MRI facitities, etc. that they pay for. The issue that can arise is booking an operating room if the surgery needs to be done in a hospital rather than private surgical clinic. However the Canucks often use Cambie Surgery Centre, a private hospital as they specialize in Orthopaedic arthroscopic/sport injuries) treatment.
http://www.csc-surgery.com/index.php

My urgent elective (i.e. I am not on the cusp of death) surgery has a three month wait to get into an operating room.
Interesting, I didn't know that about the Canucks. With that being said, it's still not an overnight process. For starters Burrows probably wanted a few days off, then him, his doctor, the Canucks and his agent had to probably go through all the different options. Then they'd all have to agree and then he'd actually have to get the surgery itself.

I'd rather they spend the time to determine the best course of action, even if it means he's out for training camp and the start of the season rather than make a rash decision. It's a lot better than having him come back and then have to get the surgery in January or something.

lush is offline   Reply With Quote