Thread: Injury Report: Burrows may miss part of season
View Single Post
Old
06-15-2010, 06:51 PM
  #44
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lush View Post
Interesting, I didn't know that about the Canucks. With that being said, it's still not an overnight process. For starters Burrows probably wanted a few days off, then him, his doctor, the Canucks and his agent had to probably go through all the different options. Then they'd all have to agree and then he'd actually have to get the surgery itself.

I'd rather they spend the time to determine the best course of action, even if it means he's out for training camp and the start of the season rather than make a rash decision. It's a lot better than having him come back and then have to get the surgery in January or something.
Burrows first had an MRI after the season, consulted a specialist here in Vancouver and then apparently travelled to Cleveland (I assume the Cleveland Clinic and Dr. Miniaci) for a second opinion as to whether or not to have the surgery.
Quote:
“If we had gone through with the MRI (in February) it might have revealed the same thing then,” he said. “If we'd had the surgery then I would have been done for the year anyway. I would have missed March-April and then the playoffs. I didn't want that to happen. Obviously, now having the MRI after the season and seeing a couple of specialists, one in Vancouver and one in Cleveland, they both really pressed the issue that I get it done now instead of just waiting and seeing next year and having it pop out of the joint.”
http://www.theprovince.com/Burrows+h...#ixzz0qy8FsdSz

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote