Thread: Speculation: Wild/Bos
View Single Post
Old
06-15-2010, 06:55 PM
State of Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocksta18 View Post
Johansen is probably a typo. But, how is Granlund better than Skinner? I use Granlund since he has the same knock that Skinner does, size and speed. The various drafting guides I have rank these two pretty close, with Granlund having the superior hockey sense and Skinner being the pure goal scorer that has a knack for finding open ice.
Johansen is not a typo. I left him there because he's the only prospect of the three mentioned that was worth being in the mix.

Granlund is a better prospect because he's proven more. Simple as that. Granlund has been playing against men and has been a force. Scouts agree. I put a lot of stock into Bob McKenzie's contacts. Grandlund was clearly a better prospect, according to scouts, than Skinner just two months ago. Need more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircularTheory View Post
- Nino won't last till 9.
- I doubt Connolly will last till 9 either.
- I have the same opinion on Granlund. I have him being taken at #8.
- Tarasenko is no doubt talented but Russian factors does play in and I'll be more comfortable drafting a talented forward from somewhere else
It doesn't matter if they don't fall to #9. The point is that they may fall to #9. Nino, for example, probably won't go top-5. That leaves about 3 teams that could grab him ahead of us. 3 isn't many. Trades, needs, etc. Anything can happen.

Tarasenko at #9 is fine. #9 overalls do not have a high success rate of being a top player, no matter how good they may seem to be right now. If you go for BPA, Tarasenko could very well be BPA. The Wild needs to take a darn risk for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I wrote in the other thread, but my preference would be Nino, Johansen, Etem, Granlund, Bjugstad, Skinner in that order.
If Hall/Seguin and the big three defensemen are gone like I expect, my order is Connolly, Tarasenko, Niederreiter, Johansen, Granlund, Burmistrov, and Skinner.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote