View Single Post
Old
06-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Leafs Forever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
Savard is playoff-limited without individual or team accomplishments in any league or international setting. History won't totally forget him but close to it, with him being no more than a bit stat: his three top-3 assist seasons - he sure as hell has a weaker resume in so many ways than several undrafted players. It must be a homer pick.
Thanks for thinking much of me.

Savard is playoff-limited, but then I wouldn't call is resume bad with 22 points in 25 games and the 13 point in 11 game run.

3 top-3's, 4 top 10's in assists are a "bit" stat? How many players do you expect to find with that kind of resume from here on out? I highly doubt we'll come across one with a playmaking resume that is better than Savard's, at least clearly.

He lacks individual accomplishments, but playing at centre certainly hurts him there- and he hasn't exactly played for perrenial contenders either for team accomplishments. And though he lacks these kind of accomplishments, it does not make him necessarily worse than those that were awarded weaker individual or team accomplishments outside of best on best situations, which I don't usually put much stock in (depending on the kind of accomplishment and level of competition)

Savard doesn't play for the team I like, never has, I am not a fan of his. I selected him because his playmaking and offensive resume was too good to ignore. I don't make homer picks.