Thread: Speculation: Wild/Bos
View Single Post
Old
06-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Jbcraig1883

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Johansen is not a typo. I left him there because he's the only prospect of the three mentioned that was worth being in the mix.

Granlund is a better prospect because he's proven more. Simple as that. Granlund has been playing against men and has been a force. Scouts agree. I put a lot of stock into Bob McKenzie's contacts. Grandlund was clearly a better prospect, according to scouts, than Skinner just two months ago. Need more?
If you re-read your post, you'll see that you have Johansen listed twice. That is why I referred to the typo...

Secondly, it isn't as cut and dry as you make it out to be. Both Skinner and Granlund appear in front and behind each other on many scouting reports, forums, quotes from scouts, etc. Mckenzie makes his list based on all of those combined so if he has Granlund higher, fine.
And to say he's proven more than Skinner means he should go 1 overall. He played against men. Taylor Hall did not. Therefore, based on your logic, that puts Granlund first.

Two months ago, the CHL playoffs weren't finished, Skinner had not yet completed his tear of 20 goals in the playoffs and the final rankings had not yet been released.

Granlund has been stated to have the best playmaking ability as well as top hockey IQ. Skinner has said to be one of the best goal scorers who never stops working. They both lack size and speed. It's really a toss up on potential...do you want a playmaking center or a goalscorer?

Jbcraig1883 is offline   Reply With Quote