06-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
David Savard instead of Bennett

No Avstin
I was and still am a big David Savard fan. I believe the kid needs to work on footwork Having said that, I'm still and always be a fan and hated that we didn't pick him. Now I like Bennett from the day I saw him at the dev. camp. I believe in him. Now.....I would have hoped and still hope that the bloodlines he has would have make, like Timmins wished, Bennett bigger. If I'm not mistaken, I did read somewhere that Timmins was expecting some kind of growth by this prospect based on his father and uncles. Not sure I saw ANY change whatsoever this year.

Another thing....I was dissapointed by his offensive game at the USHL but that might be my problem. I was expecting more of him. We'll see what he does in the NCAA. But he's really responsible defensively. Great positionaly, nice first pass.....he might be on his way to become our new Josh Gorges.....but let's still hope he has more in him offensively.

Avtsin was a great gamble and I still believe he is. Now Helgeson, Fallstrom, Bourque, Knight, all those guys looked more appealing to me 'cause I knew them more.....but he's a great bet to take. At least, we didn't take that bet in the 1st round...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote