View Single Post
Old
06-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Johansen is not a typo. I left him there because he's the only prospect of the three mentioned that was worth being in the mix.

Granlund is a better prospect because he's proven more. Simple as that. Granlund has been playing against men and has been a force. Scouts agree. I put a lot of stock into Bob McKenzie's contacts. Grandlund was clearly a better prospect, according to scouts, than Skinner just two months ago. Need more?

It doesn't matter if they don't fall to #9. The point is that they may fall to #9. Nino, for example, probably won't go top-5. That leaves about 3 teams that could grab him ahead of us. 3 isn't many. Trades, needs, etc. Anything can happen.

Tarasenko at #9 is fine. #9 overalls do not have a high success rate of being a top player, no matter how good they may seem to be right now. If you go for BPA, Tarasenko could very well be BPA. The Wild needs to take a darn risk for a change.

If Hall/Seguin and the big three defensemen are gone like I expect, my order is Connolly, Tarasenko, Niederreiter, Johansen, Granlund, Burmistrov, and Skinner.
- Wait...so Johansen is WORTH being mentioned in the 3 worst prospects at 9??? Can you really be worth the worst?

- I agree. Thats why I see Granlund be picked above us. So I eliminated him from my choices

- 3 is quite alot when u considered who's left. Nino, Connolly, Tarasenko, Granlund, Forbort, Etem, Skinner, Bjugstad. Like you criticized me for, the last 3 are the worst, so that leaves 5 guys for 3 picks. I'm quite confident Nino is gone so I don't even think thats a viable option for us

- #9 overall compared to what draft? #9 overall in the 2003 draft has a high success rate. #9 overall in the 1999 draft has a low success rate. My point is, every draft is different, you can't just look at the number overall. This draft is supposed to be deep of talent so I rather choose a safer pick than a Russian.

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote