View Single Post
Old
06-15-2010, 11:43 PM
VaxjoDevil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
There's only one thing that I have against Lamoriello. Although I admit that it's a big thing - at least to me. He goes out of his way to get revenge on the Rangers because he has this inferiority complex about being a tenth class citizen in his home state. When Brodeur was close to to breaking lifetime records, he sits Brodeur out - which he never does - so he could go for the record against the Rangers. If the devils were 30 points ahead of the Rangers the last game of the season, he plays Brodeur anyway. If the last games of the season are against weak opponents, he sits out his star players - unless the game could help the Rangers in the standings. Then he plays everyone. That's why I'm so thrilled that Lunqvist has been beating them the last few years.
This is actually true. In Brodeur's book he writes that "Lou hates the Rangers to death". I was surprised reading that, because I thought he would be more coolheaded about it. But, I can't believe he would descend to dislike a certain person or a certain player because of him being a Ranger fan or player.

My guess is that apart from the inferiority complex, which is there, no doubt, (it's part of Devils culture and I don't mind it, whatever makes people tick is good) the things Lou dislikes in the Rangers organization is probably mostly the same as most longtime Rangers fans dislike.

Peace.

VaxjoDevil is offline   Reply With Quote