View Single Post
Old
06-16-2010, 07:41 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
There's only one thing that I have against Lamoriello. Although I admit that it's a big thing - at least to me. He goes out of his way to get revenge on the Rangers because he has this inferiority complex about being a tenth class citizen in his home state. When Brodeur was close to to breaking lifetime records, he sits Brodeur out - which he never does - so he could go for the record against the Rangers. If the devils were 30 points ahead of the Rangers the last game of the season, he plays Brodeur anyway. If the last games of the season are against weak opponents, he sits out his star players - unless the game could help the Rangers in the standings. Then he plays everyone. That's why I'm so thrilled that Lunqvist has been beating them the last few years.
i don't disagree that Lou hates the Rangers. Call it an inferiority complex if you want, I'm sure Glen Sather hates the Devils quite a bit.

However, i will say this. The coach decides who starts in the game, not the GM

Look back at how our captain through a hissy fit, at the end of this season, for being sat. His gripe was with Lemaire, not LL.

And Brodeur has a heck of a lot more achievements against the Flyers than the Rangers. I think that's more coincidental, than anything.

And, once again, the coach is in charge of who plays. And realistically, Brodeur is often in charge of when he plays. And yes, he hates the Rangers. He loves playing them, and would likely prefer to sit against a lesser team so he can play his rival.

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote