View Single Post
Old
06-16-2010, 10:53 AM
JTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
Agreed for the most part, except Frolov. I believe he has the potential, with a change in venue, to be a very good player. He's somewhat inconsistent at times but his talent level and other attributes (hustle, two-way capability) outshine [the other alternatives to Whitney] on that list. The other guys are bigger question marks for sure, and their salaries will reflect it ultimately.

I don't know what the love for Tanguay and Higgins is about this week. They would be better than Feds probably, but should be absolute last-resort type players in everyone's mind because they have consistently underachieved in recent years, on some very talented lines. Higgins has a better shot to excel than Tanguay IMO but they both suck compared to guys like Whitney or Frolov. Probably Zherdev too, who is sort of an enigma but has shown signs of good play, unlike Tanguay especially. Moreover neither Higgins nor Tanguay is anything like a typical Shero player. Frolov, OTOH, is much closer to a Shero type player because he handles his business on both sides of the ice and has very good skills.
I haven't seen t hat hustle that you are talking about from Frolov on a consistent basis, Zip. He won't hustle for 15-20 games at a time, only to come alive and pull the Petr Sykora trick of racking up stats in a short period to make himself look way better at the end of the year than he actually was.

People like Tanguay and Higgins because combined their salaries might be 2 million, and if they pan out they would be the bargains of the century. It would allow us to focus somewhere else, which is what I would like to do. I think our defense needs to be reloaded, and I'd like to use cheaper options on the wing to put together a stud blue line.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote