View Single Post
Old
06-16-2010, 11:38 AM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Did you ever watch any of these guys? Not to be a dick, but it doesn't seem that you have. Like Jig said, if you saw Whitney and someone told you he was 29 or 30 instead of 38, that would be everyone's flavor of the month. But because he's older, all of a sudden he isn't a good option. I know from watching him, the guy has 2 or 3 years of game left. He would make our 1st line better, and our powerplay lethal. 30 goals and 60+ points is in the realm of possibility.

Whitney is the more consistent of any one there. Frolov and Zherdev are highly skilled, but both are inconsistent and Zherdev is said to have some attitude issues. No one is saying that they aren't highly skilled, just that there's a lot of factors that we as a team can't control.

There's going to be a couple teams that will like Frolov's upside and will give him upwards of 4 million a year.
No I've never seen any of these players play ever.

I'm not denying Whitney's consistency or that fact that hes the most well rounded of the bunch, but if we get him -- we get him for 2 years tops and then we're left looking for his replacement. My rationale for going younger is to get a young guy like say Zherdev and have him grow in our system so we can keep him around for more than a couple seasons. And again, I'm not saying "don't get Whitney" I'm more along the lines of if we get him -- don't over value him AND if we get him, we could still pluck away one of these other guys who are more of a risk.

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote