View Single Post
Old
06-16-2010, 02:42 PM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Grass always looks greener on the neighbor's field I guess...

Still, for some around here, potential > proven value. coolasprICE is a good example of this. He suggested many times already that Subban is a better d-man than Markov RIGHT NOW.

I wonder if some here would deal Cammalleri for the 30th overall selection, just because "OMG WE COULD DRAFT SKINNER, WHO'S GOT THE POTENTIAL TO BE THE NEXT EBERLE! AFTER ALL, EBERLE MIGHT BE THE NEXT CAMMY!"

Markov is a smart 31 yr old player who has shown decline this past season - ya, he's great on the PP, but his outlet passes, decision making on the pinch, and mobility was just not the same. Injuries are a concern.

I view Markov as a star, not a superstar / franchise player. When stars decline, they come very good players until they're just like everyone else. Hopefully he'll rehabilitate perfectly and improve, despite the fact that he'll be starting the season late.

PK Subban has the skills, conditioning, leadership and compete level to compete for the Calder.. Whether or not he's a superstar is still open for debate - but I do think he did an EXCELLENT job in filling-in for Markov ... and yes, I'd take PK over Markov TODAY.

Off topic though.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote