View Single Post
Old
06-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
What I don't get is this. potential of players on other teams are always better than the potential of ours and mean much more. Like "Myers has potential to be huge, you'd be crazy not to trade him", but then will follow up with "Carey Price could be good, but potential is subjective and uncertain"

Also..."Guillaume latendresse is slow and inconsistent" followed by "man i wish we had troy Brouwer!"
There's no general rule about things like this.

Personally, I'd trade Markov for Myers any day of the week. I love Markov, but Myers is going to be special. That huge frame, the way he played this season, at this age. I can't help but feel sky is the limit for this guy. A player that will have a huge impact on his team. What I've seen coupled with his size has really impressed me. A myers-subban combo on D would be insane for us.

The difference between a guy like Myers and Price is that one is coming off a calder like season and is showing incredible promise while the other one has had ups and downs. Both positions are difficult for young players to succeed in, which makes Myers performance in his rookie season all the more impressive. Not to mention I always felt goaltenders were the hardest to evaluate because of the mental component. I'm not in Price's head, and no one is, it's impossible to tell how he'll turn out. Myers is a much much safer bet to be an impact player for the remainder of his career IMO.

Des Louise is online now   Reply With Quote