View Single Post
Old
06-17-2010, 12:07 PM
doublechili

vCash: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiishawk View Post
23. Jaden Schwartz: Reminds me of Mikael Granlund but on a smaller stage. Great hands, top notch vision. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him being a better player than many listed above him here in 5-10 years’ time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiishawk View Post
Weal vs. Schwartz- First, Schwartz' stats are quite excellent for a rookie in the low-scoring USHL (best since Vanek)- and without Jordan Eberle at his side. He's already a tad bigger than Weal and projects to be grow more (this is secondhand info. Anyone who knnows the family might want to confirm). The key factor may be that Schwartz is a bit more of a cerebral player than Weal (although Weal is no slouch in the hockey IQ department), which is more likely to compensate for size issues at the NHL level.
Hiishawk, thanks for all the great info in this thread.

I'm very intrigued by Jaden Schwartz and have a couple of questions. If you were a GM and really wanted him, what pick would you try to get so that you'd feel pretty sure you'd get him? Could we be surprised and see him go much higher than expected? Feel free to add any other insights you might have about him.

He seems to have that high hockey sense/determination/skill combo that I'd value most if I were a GM, and I'm not sure why he's generally not ranked higher. I realize the size and acceleration questions are there, but I'd take my chances on smart, passionate, talented kids every day of the week....

doublechili is online now   Reply With Quote