View Single Post
Old
06-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Cartered

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cartered Send a message via MSN to Cartered
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyGaloshes View Post
My apologies to anyone who came out tonight. There were some guys already on the rink when we got there who were claiming permits and refusing to play us. We had to move the game to a spot in Darby just outside of the city.

Even with the confusion and change of location, we still managed 11 people...so things are looking good.

A few of the regulars can't make it on Saturday, so with Sunday being Fathers' day we decided to try to set up a game for Monday night. If anyone wants in let me know.
Wow, what dicks. That's the first I've ever heard of people already on a rink not wanting to let others join in (minus league games). Where I'm from, the handful of people who go to the rinks would be absolutely thrilled to have more people join in (provided they weren't dicks themselves). Pickup hockey is such a small niche, so the more the merrier.

It's a bit in the opposite direction, but I know a group of guys who play Monday and/or Tuesday nights at a rink in Bensalem. I don't know what it's called, but it's next to an outdoor skate park and I pass it on the way to Neshaminy Mall from NE Philly (about 10 minutes away). It's a relaxed game, some guys skate, some wear shoes, but it's pretty fun. I played for the first time this week and I'm gonna try to get back up next week.

Cartered is offline   Reply With Quote