Thread: EGG Line
View Single Post
Old
06-17-2010, 10:26 PM
FlyingRat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Giving them 4 millions for what they provide - including the headaches - is even more terrible assets management.

Believe me, I've been patient with those two guys. I wanted the organization to hold onto Sergei even after the training camp mess. But there's no way these two are going to contribute off and on the ice on the current system, especially when Sergei already has been put aside during the playoffs after the player asked the coaching staff to get him away, and Andrei has been a no-show in those playoffs. This summer's market might not be that great, but I'd rather add a player who'll bring specific aspects to our team game, such as hard forechecking, grit, intelligence, or hard work. There are many 50 points player out there capable of doing one or more of these things for even less than what both brothers add up for in salary.
If we strike out on Frolov, there's literally no player who could bring us the kind of game that Andrei has through free agency. I'd let Andrei play out the final year of his contract and reevaluate next summer. As for Sergei, I have no clue what the organization really thinks of him. If his little interview with La Presse where he said he really wants to play for the Canadiens was sincere, can't hurt to have a minimum salary player on our team. He was our 6th best scorer at even strength despite only playing 45 games with basically no powerplay time. He's not a waste.

FlyingRat is offline   Reply With Quote