View Single Post
Old
06-18-2010, 02:05 PM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Entirely different situation though, as the Flyers already had a very high first round pick then and the cap space to sign both players to good contracts while rebuilding and both would have become very valuable free agents otherwise.

The Flyers however in this case have no reason to trade for the rights of Chris Mason, let alone a player like Hartnell who has performed very well in the playoffs.

While I agree that the blanket statement you responded to was dumb, it is something that should be judged on a case by case basis, and in this case it makes no sense.

Entirely unrelated: Can somebody link me to a big version of John Wayne Gretzky's avatar?
To add to this, the Nashville trade was for 2 skaters who would of drawn a good amount of interest in the league. I didn't really like the trade at the time, but Timonen has made the trade worth it and then some. Hartnell isn't as worthless as people on this site like to believe, and Holmgren even said he had 10+ teams contacted him about Hartnell at the deadline.

Mason is a completely different animal. First off he is a UFA goalie in a weak goalie market...nothing like Timonen and Hartnell. Second he is up there in age, you don't give up a 28 year old skater for negotiation rights to a 34 year old goaltender.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote