Thread: Value of: Sidney Crosby
View Single Post
Old
06-18-2010, 08:17 PM
LAPenguin

vCash: 500
Obviously,

This is extremely unlikely and I never want to see it happen, but for the sake of hypotheticals, you need a team with a terrific prospect pool, at least one good young star, and the depth to make this trade without depleting its talent base. I may be biased based on what I see, but that would scream Los Angeles to me. Something like:

Kopitar
Brown/Simmonds
Hickey/Voynov
Teubert
Moller/Loktionov
1st Round Pick
2nd round pick

Leaving Pittsburgh still very strong down the middle, strengthening the prospect cupboard while still competing immediately. They can't take much more salary back then this as they would still be relatively close to the cap.

Los Angeles is left very strong as based on next year's lineup, particularly if Schenn can progress to the number 2 Center role. They would be able to add Kovalchuk from here if they so desired based on the fact that they took back less salary. And there is so much depth in the prospect pool that it wouldn't be totally depleted.

Pittsburgh's forward lines(based on 2010-2011 projections)

UFA-Malkin-Brown/Simmonds
Kunitz-Kopitar-UFA
Tangradi/Cooke/Dupuis-Staal-Kennedy
Adams-Talbot-Rupp

Los Angeles's forward lines:

Williams-Crosby-Kovalchuk
Smyth-Stoll/Schenn-Brown/Simmonds
Parse/UFA-Handzus-Richardson
UFA/Parse-Schenn/Stoll-Clune/Westgarth

Let me reiterate: No Desire for this trade. I want Crosby as a Pen for his whole career. Just throwing out a suggestion. It would take a lot because of, as has been said, Crosby's merchandising impact as well as his on-ice abilities.