Old
06-19-2010, 01:47 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
ahem... I repeat

If we are ranking on potential than is Derek Stepan our #1 center?

What are you reading? I say he's awesome. He has the potential to surpass all of Richter's achievement and records. The only slight is that he hasn't made it out of the 2nd round of the playoffs. To ignore "a few games at the end of every season" as if they were insignificant is ridiculous, but I did not ignore regular season achievements either as you seem to imply. The ENTIRETY of Richter's career > the ENTIRETY of Lundqvist's career to date. Yes, I am saying 15 years of Richter > 5 years of Lundqvist. Surely 15 years of Lundqvist will be >>> 15 of Richter. 10 years of Lundqvist will probably be > 15 years of Richter but I am looking at the entirety of their careers and not future projected careers as some seem to be doing.
and i still dont agree whatsoever. ive gotta work on some stuff right now, but take a look at the numbers, aside from a ring, henrik has absolutely dominated richter in almost every statistical category..henriks worst year in the NHL so far is better than all but 1 of Richters seasons. it would be one thing to just compare 1 year of Lundqvist to 15 years of Richter. But were talking 5 years...and its not as if Richter is/was a goalie of Dominic Haseks ilk. Hes a damn good goalie for sure, but after all is said and done, Henrik Lundqvist will be a first ballot hall of fame goalie. Richter isnt even a consideration for the HOF.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote