View Single Post
Old
06-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Scrivezina
Need Another Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Some of us don't even like the some many Flyer connections within the organization and it's our own team.

When this becomes more real, and it seems like it's only a matter of time, well there's the good and the bad.

The good is that I think it's a fairly decent situation for Stevens. The core issue Flyers fans have with Stevens is the fact that there was a lack of accountability. The biggest point I use for that was a game in Ottawa last April. The Flyers lost in a shootout, after being down 2-0 and then leading the game 3-2 in the 3rd period. This was the game of an infamous game misconduct Dan Carcillo was given for unsportsmanlike conduct (I've never seen that in my time watching hockey), which came with a minor penalty and gave Ottawa (playing for nothing, they were out of the playoffs) a full 5-on-3 that they scored on. Stevens essentially felt it was OK that they played like ass for half the game, eventually got to the point where they blew a lead, and outplayed the majority of the game. At this point we were trying to get home ice in round 1, and Stevens had the audacity to ask the media what was going on in other games after he just claimed that it was OK to lose. My biggest fear about this for the Kings is that it seems inevitable that Stevens is going to be Terry Murray's replacement if/when Murray gets fired.

Stevens also loves Randy Jones. The possibility that Jones will be willing to return to the Kings will rise to the point where no one will really want to talk about it.

On the other hand, Stevens never should have been the Flyers head coach to begin with. He was put in charge when we fired Ken Hitchcock after only a few games as assistant coach. It was painfully obvious during the season that Stevens was not ready to be head coach, but it is also now a few years and a firing later. The strange dynamic here is that Terry Murray was John Stevens' assistant here. I can't think of a time where the roles were reversed, at least in such short order. Stevens' best season as our coach was when Murray was there with him running the defense (where Jones played like Jaroslav Modry did in his "best" times but we also actually had Modry on the team too).

I think being an assistant for at least a full season will work out better for him this time around, because he's very likely going to be the next head coach of the Kings.
Okay...so where is the good? We got someone who got fired before and knows what its like to lose a job. Being fired a few years ago does not mean he now has the skill set to be a good coach. I would rather have a coach who knows what it takes to win. Worse, he loves the dingleberry Jones. Will this be the blind leading the blind??? If what your saying is accurate then this is a very bad choice for LA. I can see taking on an injured player but I don't see taking on an incapable coach who has yet to prove himself for a team that has been supposed to be taking the next step......

Dont' mean to be harsh but I'm not sure of the logic here on this choice.

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote