View Single Post
Old
06-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Cosmos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
Okay...so where is the good? We got someone who got fired before and knows what its like to lose a job. Being fired a few years ago does not mean he now has the skill set to be a good coach. I would rather have a coach who knows what it takes to win. Worse, he loves the dingleberry Jones. Will this be the blind leading the blind??? If what your saying is accurate then this is a very bad choice for LA. I can see taking on an injured player but I don't see taking on an incapable coach who has yet to prove himself for a team that has been supposed to be taking the next step......

Dont' mean to be harsh but I'm not sure of the logic here on this choice.
Do some homework...

Stevens guided the Flyers to an immediate renaissance in 2007-08. The Flyers won 42 games and amassed 95 points in the regular season under Stevens's guidance. In the playoffs, the Flyers beat the Washington Capitals in the first round and upset the top-seeded Montreal Canadiens in the second round before falling to the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Eastern Conference Finals. For this, The Hockey News honored Stevens with their Coach of the Year award.

Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote